Kansas City Jazz History Tour
August 25 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
What: Jazz History Tour
When: August 25, 2018 | 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Where: Historic Jazz District & Multiple Sites
In partnership with BAC Horn Doctor, KCMO and Midnight Blue Jazz, LLC this year’s celebration will include an expanded version of our popular Jazz History Tour.
Exciting NEWS! We have expanded our Jazz History Tour experience this year!
Patron Tour package includes:
· Two-phase tour consisting of a short walking tour within the historic jazz district,
· Special district development presentation
· Musical salute to Bird
· Air-conditioned bus tour to sites that played a significant role in the development of Kansas City’s formidable jazz scene.
· Patrons will also be provided with a complimentary KC Jazz Self-Guide Tour Booklet!
Tour Schedule (Subject to Change):
9:40 am – Registration/ American Jazz Museum Atrium
10:00 – Phase 1 Walking Tour Begins
10:50 – Load Buses/ Depart
11:00 – Explore the outdoor Exhibition at 12th Street & Vine
11:30 – Lunch under the tent at Goin’ to Kansas City Plaza at 12th & Vine
12:00 pm – Presentation – Tomorrow’s Historic Jazz District
12:15 – Musical Salute to Bird at “The Bowl”
1:00 – Load Buses. Begin Phase 2 Tour to Significant Jazz Venue sites
3:00 – Return to Historic Jazz District. END TOUR
* For a great evening activity, be sure to get your tickets for our Signature Concert at the GEM Theater. You won’t want to miss this fantastic show as we close out the 5th Annual Charlie Parker Celebration! Visit http://www.charlieparkercelebration.com for details!
Your Tour Guides:
· Dr. Jacob Wagner – Associate Professor of Urban Planning and Design, UMKC
· Christopher Burnett – COO/ Founder of ARC – Artists Recording Collective
Limited tour seating is available so early registration is highly advised. Sign up TODAY!
Thank you for taking the time to fill out your registration. This demographic data is very valuable to us as a nonprofit organization for grants and funding.